July update

I figured now would be a good time to put an update on my blog, considering the last blog I wrote was about scanxiety the night before my scans on May 2, 2016. Those MRI’s showed a new lesion/spot on my brain, which is never good news. The spot that lit up on my brain was too small to do surgery on or tell exactly what it was, so my doctors wanted to wait 8 weeks to give this lesion/spot time grow and then scan again; on the Brain and Spine followed by a Spinal Tap. Of course those 8 weeks there was a lot on my mind not knowing what is growing inside my brain, and whether or not it is growing. I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask but knew there was no answer to just yet: Is my cancer still spreading? How much is it growing? Will I need more treatment? Is it even operable? Will I have to go through everything I just did all over again?           and thats when I just put all of my trust into God’s plan for me. I have to remind myself a lot to “be still and know” (psalm 46:10)

And here we are 8 weeks later. July 5th ,6th and 7th.

July 5, 2016   I had my Brain MRI, which I did not have to get sedated for because it is only an hour long and I actually watched a movie during this one.

July 6, 2016  I had my Spine MRI around 1:00 p.m. I am not a fan of Spine MRI’s because they are longer than my brain MRI’s usually are and being as claustrophobic as I am, I do not enjoy being all the way inside a machine that is like 5 inches away from my face/body. Unfortunately I had to suck this one up though and go through the whole thing without being sedated or taking any medications before. After my MRI’s I got sedated for my spinal tap, which they did not get on the first try so they had to do 2 spinal taps. When I recovered from sedation it was 6:00 p.m. I had been fasting since midnight the night before. I wasn’t that hungry because of the pain I was in. The rest of the day I was really loopy from sedation and pain meds.

July 7, 2016 The next morning I woke up really sore and couldn’t walk without being in a lot of pain. I had to go back to the hospital to get morphine drip, and my monthly benadryl/antibiotic drip through IV. I spent the rest of the day in bed pretty sick.

I got good and bad news from my MRIs. The good news was my spine MRI and spinal tap showed no cancer cells, the bad news is the lesion/spot on my brain has grown 3MM. It is still too small to do surgery. My next set of scans is in 6 weeks, and then we will go from there. This week was a very long one. So thank you everyone who has been praying for me and I will try my best to keep updating!!! ❤






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s